PEBSHAM LANDFILL .
Capping and surface water works
Following on from the award of these works in Autumn 2013, Pope plant Ltd re-mobilised in April 2014 to undertake the completion of the works.
The remaining works involved major site clear up after the wettest winter on record before the tendered works could commence.
The works consisted of:
- Re-shaping waste landfill
- Installation of fully welded 2.0mm LLDPE membrane and protection textile
- TRestoration soil placement in identified areas to allow gas infrastructure installation
- Restore farmer’s field back to requirements upon stockpile removal
- Finish the main surface water lagoon including discharge point and overflow tower
- Construct attenuation lagoon and v-ditches.
The works were completed within the restoration budget.
“The remaining works involved major site clear up after the wettest winter on record before the tendered works could commence.”
“The works were completed ahead of schedule with a small team whom were all very professional, with a very strong focus on Health and Safety it was important to me that all the relevant safety documents were in place, these were presented and supplied in an agreed format on time, good use of PPE from all the staff was also noted through out the works.”