Capping, Restoration and Surface Water Management
Pope Plant Ltd obtained access to SITA UK tendering process for the first time. The company was invited to view and price a large restoration project at Albury Sandpit. We was deemed a competitive tender and awarded under ICE conditions of contract 7th Edition Measurement Version by the acting consultancy, SLR Consulting Ltd.
The works began in late June and consisted of :
- Supply and installing 1mm double textured LLDPE geomembrane, Geotextile and Geocomposite all for the capping areas.
- Expose 700m Geomembrane tie-in Regulate 24’000m2 capping area
- Excavate, haul & place 38’000m3 subsoils and 24’000m3 topsoil to various depths and areas.
- Supply and Install 1300m of GCL lined surface water management ditches, construct lagoons and sumps
- Hydro seed 120’000m2 to the correct specification
- Supply and install aggregate tracks.
Although the works were beyond the given programme it was accepted by the client and consultant that this was unavoidable but by offering cost saving ideas during the contract and offering solutions by the management team, the works were still completed within budget including additionals and before the bad weather set in.
“The success of the project was mainly down to the way Craig Pope and his colleagues understood the client’s needs, worked with an excellent spirit of collaboration and interfaced with all the parties to complete the project.
I would recommend others to seriously consider the services of Pope Plant”